Thursday, September 6, 2012

INVADERS: 2003

In, in believe, 2003 (could have been a bit earlier) I pitched Marvel an INVADERS mini-series. It of course would have heavily featured Bucky Barnes and was even going to be told largely from his POV. The response was pretty good, even though I doubt it would have ever been made.Here's some art I did way back when--At the time I was putting it together I was 25 or 26 and still failing miserably at aping Mike Mignola's art. Man, that Human Torch sucked.

THE INVADERS

INV coverlow

Inv-1-1

Inv-1-2

INV-1-3

INV-1-4

Today- I'm currently drawing a really cool war story for the Mignola-verse and about to start scripting Bucky Barnes for real in WINTER SOLDIER. In both instances I did nothing to really actively go after the jobs. I'd largely abandoned that idea in fact. It's frankly a bit strange and very surreal.

The Invaders aren't really in my plans for Winter Soldier but I still think there is a world of potential there,so maybe one day. In any event I have a lot of practice drawing helmets now. So I got that going for me.

More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment